About the author
Gijs van der Grinten aka Guy Gravier is the man behind the infamous Dolly Dagger nights at Disco Dolly. These are a showcase for Guy’s versatile taste in music in between the lines of house, disco, funk, bossanova, latin and jazz, all keeping the quality feelgood jazz feel upfront. It grew out to be the quality night to go to on Tuesdays in Amsterdam. Next to that he hosts his own Hotel Quartet nights at Club Up, a more house-orientated concept.
It all kickstarted for Guy when he got a residency at well visited De Nachtdivisie parties at Chicago Social Club, which brought him the experience to move on with a career as a DJ.
Play it loud and the weekend is suddenly not far away at all anymore.
The mixtape he made for us here is just perfect, cruising trough the verges of deep house, bossanova, jazz and funk, perfectly blended new tracks combined with solid old disco and house tracks. A true pleasure for the ear for those horrible Mondays. Play it loud and the weekend is suddenly not far away at all anymore. Catch Guy at 18hrs Festival, The Social Garden or Buiten Westen amongst his regular weekly club bookings this summer!
01. The Haggis Horns – The Traveller Part Two | First Word Records
02. LTJ – Fat Thing | Hot Digits Music
03. Henry Wu – Midtour | Odd Socks
04. Soul of Hex & Albert Vogt – Sleep Mistakes | Freebee
05. Chaos In The CBD – Observe | Rhythm Section International
06. Andre Crom & Dennis Degenhardt – Tell Me
07. Brame & Hamo – Retch Wretchedness | Splendor & Squalour
08. Kaytranada – Track Uno | XL Recordings
09. Moodymann – The Thief That Stole My Sad Days … Ya Blessin’ Me | KDJ
10. Christy Essien Igbokwe – You Can’t Change A Man | BBE
11. VO – Mashisa (Dub Mix) | Roi Music
12. Henri Texier – Les LeBas (Bonobo Remix) | Ninja Tune
13. Soul Ascendants – Tribute | Nuphonic
14. Mario Biondi – This Is What You Are (Dim’s Hipster Jazz Version) | Schema
Sharing is caring!