About the author
A bi-weekly Monday mixtape from an Amsterdam-based DJ to kick-start your new week. Archive here.
Lola Villa is Bogotá born, Buenos Aires bred and Berlin grown – now being of musical menace to the Dutch capital. Her travels have brought her closer to both her Latin American roots and a borderless exploration of global sounds. When playing, Lola invokes landscapes, animals & rituals of her homeland Colombia – a country rich in Amazonian, Andean, Afro and Arab musical legacies. Her electronic sound is for that exact same reason a profound journey of melodies, a playground of rhythms going beyond genres and boundaries.
We welcome you to a voyage through the Amazon rainforest, the Caribbean, the Altipano, the Rocky Mountains and the Andes.
Sueño Americano (‘American Dream’) relates to not only that one America we know of, but to the entire continent of the Americas. This vast and far-reaching land knows of many dreams. For this podcast, she wanted to recall those dreams. We welcome you to a voyage through the Amazon rainforest, the Caribbean, the Altipano, the Rocky Mountains and the Andes. Expect musical connections between past and present, east and west, tropical and deep. An ongoing voyage with carefully crafted folkloric moves.
Lola Villa’s a new kid on the block, but already played a few times in both Amsterdam and Berlin. You can check her out, June 5 in Radion at the Slowmotion Club!
01. Hombres Trueno – Finis Africae
02. Remolinera Real – Dengue Dengue Dengue
03. Schuvia – Oceanvs Orientalis ft. El Búho
04. Elena – Cigarra
05. Cançao da Partida – Peter Power
06. Rosa – LUM
07. Rio Japura na Paulicéia – Spaniol
08. Sun Sun Damba – Peter Power
09. El Mariachi – Kraut
10. Brazilian Shakedown 2 – Ponto Gira (Carrot Green’s Original Mamba Mix)
11. El Pueblo Unido – (Rodrigo Gallardo remix)
12. Viva Jujuy – Eduardo Cirillo (Stimming Remix)
13. Los Montes – Juanito (Jetro Remix)
14. El Abrazo de la Selva – Finis Africae
Sharing is caring!