About the author
A monthly Monday mixtape from an Amsterdam-based DJ to kick-start your new week. Archive here
Nicky Elisabeth was born in the Netherlands and raised in Belgium. At the age of 17 she moved back here and started working in the local electronic music industry as a marketing adviser for various organizations, including Next Monday’s Hangover, Mystic Garden Festival and Klerenbende. Her passion for music continued to deepen, which led her to start a DJ career of her own. Over the years she developed a passion for an original melodic house sound and is inspired by artists such as Mano Le Tough, Gidge en Radiohead.
Her style can be described as versatile, progressive and filled with dark but positive vibes.
Likewise, her style can be described as versatile, progressive and filled with dark but positive vibes. She skillfully knows how to blend old school as well as new school tracks into her sets. Her signature sound throughout her sets however, always remains to be that of an old school groove. Just fresh of the press is the news that she’ll perform at Mystic Garden Festival this summer, next to big names like Mees Dierdorp, Einmusik and many others.
The set she created for us is a dreamy, filled with sunshine soundbites, progressive and techy tracks for an intense 1,5-hour ride in electronic music.
01. Human Machine – Drone (Original Mix) | Connaisseur
02. Mattheis – Swell (Original Mix) | Nous’klaer Audio
03. Michael Gracioppo – Creep feat Wayne Tennant | Innervisions
04. Ed Davenport – Silver Walks | Maeve
05. Baio – All the Idiots (DJ Tennis Remix) | Glassnote
06. Paul Twin – White Island | Nous’klaer Audio
07. Gidge – Growth (Original Mix) | Atomnation
08. Benedikt Frey – Ghosts | Creme Organization
09. Kollektiv Turmstrasse – Heimat (Robags Turmkolle Rekksmow) | Pampa
10. North Lake – Marlborol Noir (Original Mix) | Phonica
11. Alex Burkat – Pay the Rent (Barnt Remix) | Permanent Vacation
Sharing is caring!