Local Rockstars: Sietse Bakker is almost ready for De Zon

Local Rockstars: Sietse Bakker is almost ready for De Zon

Apr 1, 2014 |  by  |  Art, Event, Music
About the author
Ridz, advertises, produces indie/electronic music, performs throughout the Netherlands but ultimately always ends up at an Amsterdam based ensemble... then he blogs about all these things.

Whether you went out last weekend to check out an uber-geeky beat magician or a depressingly awesome indie rock band, we all know there’s always some serious musical talents rocking around the Dam. You might not recognize them all yet, but don’t worry, you will soon. In this series of interviews we talk to remarkable artists about their passions and their inspirations.

Sietse Bakker. You might not have heard of him (yet), but in a short period of time the man is becoming some sort of cult legend around Amsterdam. He’s the kind of guy every girl wants to be with and every man wants to be. Most recently, Sietse has been involved in some weather forecasting and festival related activity. Basically, he tells us when it’s time to officially embrace the sun (De Zon) in Amsterdam. We asked him some questions about his remarkable mission.

So, who is this Sietse Bakker I’ve been hearing a lot about lately?
“Mmh, I’m currently being abused by these friends of mine. They’re organising this get-together and turned me into a human billboard. Do you think I should get paid for this?”

Yes, I actually think you should. Does it affect your private life?
“I do get recognised several times a day. But it’s 80% women that try to start a conversation with me. So I guess it’s not that bad right now. The other 20% just asks how many squats per day I do.”

How is to live like Sietse? What does a day in the life of Sietse look like?
“My philosophy is always to ‘face your fears with a smile’. And, forget shaving. I take four pieces of fruit with me every day. I swim, play football, surf and incidentally run a marathon or two. Furthermore, I’m really good with Tinder. Plus I smoke, drink, laugh, listen to good dreamy music, masturbate and I’m not shy to tell people when I’m horny.”

What would be the anthem for your life?
“A few, hard to pick one. But I think it probably sound like this:”

“Or like this:”

We can spot you in your underwear throughout Amsterdam every week. Why did you feel the urge to do this?
“It’s my favourite piece of clothing, the original bathing trunk: The Speedo. Once, Speedos were the standard. Nowadays board shorts are all over Amsterdam. I don’t get that, I don’t like that at all. Men’s thighs are beautiful, especially when tanned. Amsterdam needs more thighs. Lose the shorts, guys! Be proud of what you got. It’s ok to show off a little bit. People (men/women) who agree with me can unite at Speedo Club Amsterdam. Let’s make the world a more naked place!”

Who should come to De Zon?
“People with hedonistic traits. People that like to take their clothes off. I heard there will even be a special place for people that like to lose all off their clothes.”

Finally, who shouldn’t come?
“Henk and Ingrid.”

Thanks Sietse. See you at De Zon.


When: Sunday May 25th, 13:00-23:00
Where: Park in Amsterdam – TBA
Tickets: HERE
Website: www.dezon.in / Facebook Event

Sharing is caring!